In this video post, I share another story from the life of our new friend, Abigail found in the book of 2 Samuel.
Do you feel kidnapped by your circumstances? Were you completely caught off guard by a situation that has you feeling trapped and hopeless? In this video, I tell a the second part of the story of Abigail from the book of 2 Samuel and how it relates to anyone who has been sidelined by an onslaught. It’s not over! Get ready to tune your ears to the approaching sound of rescue!
What about you:
- Do you feel as though you have been kidnapped by your situation?
- Were you experiencing freedom in the Lord and now feel as though you have been muzzled and bound?
- Have you been wondering where Jesus is in all of this?
While Jesus is clear that in this life, we WILL have struggles, He also tells us in Deuteronomy 31:8, Hebrews 13:5, Deuteronomy 31:6 and Joshua 1:9 (to name a few!) that He will never leave us or forsake us. Jesus loves us with a love that goes beyond our performance, our circumstances, our weaknesses and failures. So no matter how you got to the place where you feel trapped or stuck, start to tune your ears to the sound of Rescue. Know that He is coming for you. He is on His way and He won’t let you be devoured by anything!
Below are some more Scriptures to meditate on. I encourage you to write the ones down in your journal or in a Notes app on your phone that speak to your heart so that you can memorize them. Having the Word in your heart is a weapon and a medicine all in one!
- Song of Solomon 2:8,10-11 – The voice of my Beloved! Behold, he comes, leaping over the mountains, bounding over the hills. My Beloved speaks and says to me: “Arise, my love, my beautiful one, and come away, for behold, the winter is past; the rain is over and gone.”
- Psalm 71: 1-3 – In You, LORD, I have taken refuge; let me never be put to shame. In Your righteousness, rescue me and deliver me; turn Your ear to me and save me. Be my rock of refuge, to which I can always go; give the command to save me, for You are my rock and fortress.
- Psalm 69: 14, 33 – Rescue me from the mire, do not let me sink; deliver me from those who hate me, from the deep waters. The LORD hears the needy and does not reject his captive people.